Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Withered under the Son

Well, we have not seen much sun yet this year but as the prophet Isaiah reminds us, we are like wildflowers that soon wither in the heat [of the sun].  I feel very withered. The heat that I am speaking of is not from the sun but the weariness that one feels when they have reached the end of ones self.  God is our only sense of comfort in times like these.  Isaiah tells us to not to fear, as God does not grow weary or tired and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak to those that wait on Him (v.40:7,28-29)

I have felt weary and tired in recent weeks as I have struggled through lots of emotions with recent events at my church. As we all tend to do at times, trying desperately to control and manage things outside of my abilities. I have short-lived strength on my own and my reliance on God needs to be realized as my never-failing source of strength, hope and joy.  It is time to draw near to God, for our minds will be refreshed and our strength will be renewed by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment