Monday, May 2, 2016

IT IS A GOD THING IN MY OPINION...

Over the past nearly 18 years, I have submitted many things to be included in the church reports.  Beyond the financial reports provided, I have commented on a wide variety of topics, but never a personal God story.  This year, our family verse was 2 Chronicles 15:7 and I have to tell you just a little about how God used this one verse in our lives.  

Many know pieces of my husbands joblessness, our family and pet losses, a few family health issues, and the woes regarding our enormous tax hike!  Many remember that my daughter had to have braces put back on in early 2015.  Did you know that her orthodontist died suddenly just before they were to come off in September; and then, under a new doctor, she had to have dental surgery to remove a tooth up in her jaw that had been overlooked for 11 years of orthodontics?   It could have caused her years of problems in the future if not removed.  The circumstances surrounding this were so “out of this world” that it could only be a God thing! We did not give up!

Did you know that during the time New Song was working on a revised budget, the Elders were making lots of tough decisions including a choice between the facilities manager and me? Jose and I had worked together since 2001 and spent a great deal of time together.  I was praying for him and he was praying for me. Both of us were interviewing and both of us knew one would go and one would stay.  Saying good-bye to my co worker was extremely hard for me.  I was faced with mourning the loss of a valued work partner and assuming the heavy burden of the full time facilities management, in addition to my other responsibilities as the church Office and Business Manager.   In the midst of this all, my husband becomes unemployed once again, but thankfully I still had my job here at New Song.  It was a God thing. We stayed strong!


In recent weeks, we have heard tough announcements from our pulpit.  The circumstances surrounding the events of our Pastor resigning, our mother church calling us to help, and the possibilities at times seem out of this world, beyond our understanding and difficult to process.   I never thought I could go through more orthodontic issues with my daughter, that I could endure my husbands 5 jobs in one year, bounce back from pet loss, enjoy wearing so many hats and also survive Jose leaving.  But then I remembered, He has been so faithful to us all year.  Help came to the rescue through faithful volunteers, prayer warriors, financial support, new jobs, and encouragement from new and old friends for what would come.   Did you know, that although we can’t always see where the road leads, God promises there’s something better up ahead as long as we trust him, be strong, and don’t give up? We will be rewarded! 

 



I believe the Compass Church merger is a God thing!


  
Member, Employee, Servant

No comments:

Post a Comment